In this hands-on course, you will master the basics of Adobe Photoshop's painting, image manipulation and enhancement capabilities and modify digital images using the painting and editing tools in Adobe Photoshop CC 2015. You will also explore the new retouching features and tools as well as the new filters to assist you in mastering image manipulation.
*Note: DPA Communications offers Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, InCopy, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects, Dreamweaver, Flash and courses on version CC (Creative Cloud).
If you are currently using CS6 or older, see the previous version of this course outline for any differences in training course content. Please contact DPA for more details or to have an instructor contact you.
Duration: Two-Day Course
Platform: Windows and Macintosh
Fee: Call for information
We recommend one to eight people for this course.
- Restoring default settings
- The work area and toolbox, creating a custom workspace
- Selecting tools
- Using the palettes: showing, hiding, nesting and docking
- RGB vs CMYK colour modes
- Creating new images
- Viewing images: scrolling, zoom - in and out, magnifying, using quick keys
- Using the navigator palette to zoom in & out, and to move an image around in the window
- Working with the painting and editing tools: brush tool, spot healing brush tool, patch tool, red-eye tool, clone stamp tool, gradient tool, blur tool, sharpen tool, smudge tool, sponge tool, dodge and burn tools
- Selecting foreground and background colours with the color picker
- Using the eyedropper tool
- Using undo/redo and revert commands
- Using the history palette
- The Grow and Similar commands
- Working with the selection tools: rectangular marquee tool, elliptical marquee tool, lasso tool, polygon lasso tool, magnetic lasso tool, magic wand tool, quick selection tool
- Using feathering to create a feathered edge and create borders using the border command
- Alpha channels: saving, loading and deleting channels
- Layers: adding layers, changing the order, duplicating layers, selecting layers, linking & unlinking layers, grouping & ungrouping layers
- Use the transformation commands to scale, rotate, skew, distort and apply perspective to objects on layers
- Using the fill command to fill or delete a layer
- Using hue/saturation, and colourizing a grayscale image
- Working with type effects to highlight and apply type attributes
- Warping and unwarping type
- Working with Adobe Typekit
- Colour: basic colour theory, using colour balance
- Adjusting colour with levels
Application Overview: Adobe Photoshop CC 2015
Adobe Photoshop CC software allows you to scan, create, modify and enhance digital photographs and images. Ideal for photographers, graphic designers, and web designers, the professional standard delivers new features such as automatic layer alignment and blending that enable advanced compositing. Live filters in Photoshop CS3 boost the comprehensive, nondestructive editing toolset for increased flexibility.
Photography, Web, Creative, Marketing and Admin Professionals as well as anyone who needs to create, edit, manipulate, colour correct digital imagery.