Microsoft Outlook 2016 is a powerful communication and organizational tool. In this course, you will discover the extensive tools you can use to control the deluge of e-mails in your inbox, find contacts easily, manage your time and organize your tasks using Outlook to achieve your personal and business objectives.
Duration: One-Day Course
Platform: Windows Only
Fee: Call for information
We recommend one to eight people for this course.
- Get acquainted with the Backstage View, Ribbon and Quick Access Toolbar in Office 2016
- Use the new expanded Ribbon to create professional looking e-mail messages.
- Manage the deluge of e-mails you get every day by creating an efficient filing system you can use to file and easily retrieve your e-mail messages.
- Automate your filing system by creating rules that will automatically file your e-mail messages.
- Use the Conversation View to manage your e-mails.
- Create Quick Steps to automate frequently used procedures and commands.
- Find items quickly using the Search Tools.
- Learn how to create an e-mail template.
- Manageyour contacts by creating detailed contact sheets with categories to store and effortlessly retrieve significant contact information.
- Use thenew People Card to see key information about your contacts.
- Use the mail merge command to merge contact names, addresses and e-mail addresses with a letter.
- Manage your time by learning the secrets of time management by efficiently using your calendar to set up colour coded appointments, meetings or events with built-in reminders to ensure you never forget a critical business or personal commitment.
- Learn how to pin the calendar in any Outlook view.
- Use Outlook Tasks to manage your daily activities, people and projects by getting rid of all those small pieces of paper and instead create detailed task sheets with built-in reminders.
- Use the Notes component to keep small amounts of information. Also learn how to assign a category and colour code the notes.
Customize Your Outlook
- Learn how to use the many different Outlook productivity commands that will help you work smarter in all the Outlook components.
Application Overview: Microsoft Outlook 2016
Microsoft Outlook is a powerful communication and organizational tool. It also provides a calendar, task and contact management, note taking, a journal and web browsing.
Microsoft Outlook enables users to organize and prioritize e-mail messages quickly and easily, and new security settings offer increased support for junk e-mail filtering. Support for remote and mobile workers includes improvements to connectivity performance, such as better caching, and shared calendars. Obtaining information from a variety of locations is made easier with organizational tools, such as the Research Task Pane. Microsoft Outlook features Archiving which removes items from your current Personal Folders list, such as E-Mail messages, calendar and task items and automatically stores them in folders that have the same hierarchy and names as the folders in the Personal Folders.
Microsoft Outlook lets you add Contacts to mail merge documents, assign tasks, send a meeting request, setup appointments, send a meeting request and create an all day event.
Users: Admin, Creative, Engineering, Finance, Legal, Marketing and IT Professionals as well as anyone who needs create, edit, distribute electronic messages, calendar events, contacts and tasks.