This course is a continuation of the Word Intermediate and Advanced course. This course is especially designed for people who will be creating long documents, templates and forms. This course assumes you are already knowledgeable about the many advanced commands available in Word, especially the Styles command. The commands covered in this course will further enhance your productivity and help you create professional looking documents.
Duration: One-Day Course
Platform: Windows Only
Fee: Call for information
We recommend one to eight people for this course.
- Review how to create, apply, modify and copy styles to eliminate repetitive formatting and ensure you have consistent looking documents.
- Learn how to go beyond the basics of creating styles and specify that one paragraph style follow another, create a shortcut key for your style and also create a table style.
- Learn how to restrict the styles that can be applied to a document.
- Insert footnotes and endnotes.
- Add a bookmark.
- Add a cross-reference to an item that appears in another location in a document.
- Add a hyperlink to an item in your document, another document and specifically to a bookmark or another Office application.
Multiple Columns and Graphics
- Create newspaper columns where text flows continuously from the bottom of one column to the top of the next column.
- Add column breaks and continuous breaks to ensure that columns are balanced.
- Insert graphics and wrap text around the graphics.
- Learn how to anchor the graphics to a specific paragraph.
- Create a macro to eliminate repetitive actions.
- Run a macro.
- Create a keyboard equivalent and a button for your macro.
- Save a document as a template.
- Access a copy of the template file.
- Create a fill-in field to ensure you always place data in the correct place in your template.
- Save the file as a template.
- Create a new document using the fill-in fields.
Create a Form
- Create a form that can be filled in online using checkboxes, text boxes and drop down lists.
- Format and protect the form.
- Save the form as a template and fill out the form on the screen.
Application Overview: Microsoft Word
Microsoft Word lets you create, apply, modify and copy styles to eliminate repetitive formatting and ensure you have consistent looking documents. You can enhance your documents with graphics, embossing, shadows, drop caps and outlining.
The Columns command allows you to format text in newspaper columns where the text flows from one
column to the next. Microsoft Word can integrate the Mail Merge Helper to create form letters, mailing labels, envelopes, or catalogs.
Merge Helper will guide you through the organization of the address data, merging it into a document, such
as a letter or labels and then printing the personalized documents.
Microsoft Word can utilize Macros to save you time by replacing an often-used, sometimes lengthy series of actions with a simple
Admin, Creative, Engineering, Finance, Legal, Marketing and IT Professionals as well as anyone who needs create, edit, assemble, publish and distribute electronic documents.